Cholamandalam MS is a general insurance business founded by the Murugappa Group and Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company Limited of Japan. It offers a variety of insurance plans, including auto insurance, which protects you from financial liabilities resulting from accidents or catastrophes involving your vehicle.
MS Cholamandalam Car Insurance Company ensures that your vehicle is safe and secure against any unforeseen incident and that your expenses are fully covered in the aftermath of such incidents.
- As a result, the insurance company offers a variety of car insurance plans, including third-party car insurance, standalone own-damage car insurance, and comprehensive car insurance.
- All of these car insurance policies are intended to safeguard you from any legal and financial liability you may incur towards a third party if you are involved in an accident, as well as to provide protection for damages or loss maintained by your own car following a collision or mishap.
Cholamandalam Car Insurance with Add-On Covers
In addition to the three insurance policies, Cholamandalam Insurance Company provides several add-on covers to match specific policies purchased over them. Add-on coverage focuses on meeting specific policyholder needs that standard car insurance policies do not cover. It is up to the policyholder to choose which add-on they want for their vehicle.
Policyholders of Cholamandalam ms car insurance can add additional coverage to their detailed planning by paying an additional premium. Customers can purchase additional coverage for the following items as add-ons:
- Hydro Static: This add-on cover will be used if there is water ingress into the vehicle or lubricant leakage that prevents the engine from starting. It compensates for engine repair or replacement parts, for example.
- No Claim Bonus: The No claim bonus is a bonus offered to auto insurance customers at the time of renewal if they have not made a claim during the previous policy period. The no-claim bonus is a type of discount given to customers who did not make a claim during the previous policy period.
- Return to Invoice Value Protection: Return to Invoice is an add-on alternative that covers the difference between your bike’s insured declared value and its invoice value, as well as registration and other applicable taxes.
- Engine Protection: An engine protector protects the insured against any repair or loss of the car’s engine caused by lubricant oil leakage or damage to the engine box caused by water ingress.
- Key & Lock Protection: If you lose or damage your car’s keys or lock as a result of an insured event, you will be reimbursed for the cost of installing or purchasing a new lock or keys, or replacing keys on your insured vehicle. In general, if your car is stolen or robbed, burglars will use duplicate keys to gain unauthorised entry into your vehicle, causing damage to the lockset of your car door.
- Consumables Protection: Certain parts in your four-wheeler car, such as engine oil, gearbox oil, power steering oil, and so on, must be protected. These parts cannot be repaired and must be replaced during the claim process. In most cases, the cost of replacing these parts in the event of an accident is not covered by your comprehensive four-wheeler automobile insurance policy.
- Roadside Assistance: If your car breaks down on the road due to an accident, flat tyres, a malfunctioning battery, or something else, you can get help 24 hours a day, seven days a week with our breakdown assistance add-on.
- Personal Belongings: Under this add-on, the insured is compensated for the loss or damage to his or her baggage kept in the insured vehicle as a result of an insured peril. Clothing, toiletries, perfumes, bags, suitcases, and other daily necessities are examples of personal baggage. Baggage insurance covers the loss of luggage due to theft, burglary, or an accident.
- Depreciation Protection: The insurance company takes depreciation into account when settling claims. As a general rule, 10% or more of the car’s value is depreciated each year, depending on the parts that are damaged in an accident. The depreciation cost is the amount deducted from your claim amount as a result of normal wear and tear.
Damages- Covered and Not Covered
Every insurance policy has its own clauses and statements. Listed below is a table of damages and things that are covered and not covered in The Cholamandalam Car Insurance
|Damages Covered||Damages that are Not Covered|
|Damages to the vehicle caused by external factors such as an accident, collision, etc.||Damages to the vehicle caused by driving without a valid driver’s licence|
|Natural disasters such as fire, explosion, self-ignition, earthquake, flood, typhoon, cyclone, and so on.||Mechanical or electrical breakdown/failure-related damages.|
|Man-made disasters such as theft, burglary, strike, malicious act, riots, and so on.||Damages to the vehicle caused by driving under the influence of liquor, alcohol, or drugs|
|Any harm done to third-party vehicles or people. Cholamandalam General Car Insurance Policy will cover any legal liability or expenses resulting from third-party damage.||Damages caused by the vehicle’s normal wear and tear and any Subsequent Loss|
|Any damage to third-party property will be covered by the insurance company, which offers compensation of up to Rs 7.50 Lakhs.||Damages are incurred if the insured vehicle is used for activities such as racing, speed testing, and so on.|
|Damages incurred as a result of war, mutiny, or nuclear threat|
The Advantages of Cholamandalam Insurance Company- Car Insurance
Policyholders of a Cholamandalam Insurance Company car insurance policy will receive the following benefits:
- Depending on the customer’s preferences, insurance is available for purchase online or offline.
- Renewals of policies can also be done electronically with minimal paperwork.
- Enables clients to file claims with ease.
- Complaints are resolved as soon as possible.
- Claims are processed digitally.
- Liabilities, whether third-party or personal, are reimbursed quickly.
- A complex network of countywide repair garages is readily accessible for policyholders’ convenience.
- Customers can reach customer service via the company’s online portal and Cholamandalam car insurance toll-free number contact information 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Additional coverage can be purchased as add-ons.
- Policyholders can choose from over ten add-on covers according to their specific requirements.
- The Cholamandalam car insurance claim settlement ratio is also good as per the market standards.
- The Cholamandalam car insurance cashless garage is the main advantage of this insurance.
How to Apply for the Cholamandalam Car Insurance?
You can apply for Cholamandalam Insurance Company car insurance online or in person. What method of purchase you choose is determined by your convenience and preferences.
The steps and procedure for applying for Cholamandalam car insurance online and offline are tabulated below
|Step 1||Go to the official Cholamandalam Insurance website.||Visit the nearest Cholamandalam Insurance Company branch.|
|Step 2||Choose ‘car insurance.’||Inquire about automobile insurance and meet with a customer service representative in the office.|
|Step 3||Select the ‘Buy Online’ tab and click ok to continue.||Get the car insurance application form from the customer service representative.|
|Step 4||Click ‘Ok’ to continue.||Fill in the blanks in the condition with absolute precision.|
|Step 5||Choose whether you want insurance for a private or commercial vehicle.||Submit the form and gather the list of documents needed for the insurance policy submission.|
|Step 6||Proceed by selecting ‘Buy insurance for a new vehicle’.||Please submit the documents.|
|Step 7||Fill out all of the fields with accurate information about your vehicle and submit.||Select the type of policy you want and the quote provided by the company.|
|Step 8||Fill out your personal information and submit.||Make your payments in cash, check, or DD.|
|Step 9||You must select one of the company’s quotes.||Collect policy documents in person or deliver them to your authorised postal address.|
|Step 10||Make online payments using a credit/debit card, net banking, or other methods.|
|Step 11||Collect the policy information on your registered email address.|
On receiving the policy on the registered email address one gets the option of Cholamandalam car insurance policy download. This helps to download the policy-related documents.
How to Claim the Insurance?
If your car insurance-covered vehicle is involved in an accident, you can file a claim online at Cholamandalam Insurance Company’s official website. One can know the procedure for how to claim car insurance from Cholamandalam by reading the steps outlined below
- Contact the policy issuance office as soon as possible and notify Cholamandalam Insurance of the accident/theft/third-party claim. You can accomplish the same thing by going to the company’s official website.
- Please sign in to your account. The company will request several details from you, including your policy number, the date and time of the theft/accident, the location of the car, the insured’s name and contact information, and so on.
- You must submit a claim form along with relevant documentation such as photocopies (of your driving licence, policy, and RC), photos of your car, survey reports, damage estimates, final bill of repair, FIR report, No Trace Report, and so on.
- Once this is completed, the surveyor/company executive will inspect the damages, have the repairs completed in Cholamandalam’s cashless garage, and issue the claim as soon as possible.
|Steps||Name of the Step/ Process||Explanation of the step/process|
|1||INTIMATION||As soon as you are involved in an accident or collision, or your vehicle sustains any of the damages covered by your insurance provider, you must notify the insurer. The insurer is required to receive information about the damage within a certain time frame. If the time limit expires, the insurer may reject your claim. Informing the insurance provider on time allows you and the insurer to begin the formalities in the proper manner.|
|2||FORM FILLING AND DOCUMENTATION||You must consult the insurer and obtain a claims form. After submitting the form with your personal data and policy information, you will be given a list of documents that must be submitted with your claim request. To get your claim settled, you must submit all of the documents required by the insurance provider. It is recommended that you prepare all of your documents ahead of time so that the claim settlement process can be finished quickly and you can receive your compensation.|
|3||INSPECTION||The next step would be to have your damaged car inspected by the insurance company’s representatives. The New India Assurance company will dispatch a couple of inspectors to investigate the accident and verify your claims. Your claim will be rejected if the inspectors discover any discrepancies between your claim and the actual damage.|
|4||REPAIR||After your claims are verified, the wrecked car will be taken to a garage for repairs. New India Assurance has a large network of repair garages throughout the country. The insurance company will be responsible for the repairs. In the case of cashless claims, the insurance company will pay for the repair costs.|
|5||COMPENSATION||Finally, the insurance provider will reimburse you for all expenses incurred in repairing your vehicle. The remuneration will also cover the costs incurred as a result of the policyholder’s legal liabilities. In the case of cashless claims, all expenses are guided toward the insurer, and the policyholder is not required to pay anything in cash.|
One will understand how to claim Cholamandalam car insurance based on the situation that is occurred.
How Can You Renew Your Expired Car Insurance Policy Online?
Car insurance must be renewed within the time frame specified by the policy. Depending on the vehicle, the Cholamandalam car insurance policy has a validity period of one to three years.
Follow the steps below for Cholamandalam car insurance renewal:
- Navigate to the Cholamandalam Insurance Company website.
- On the home page, select ‘Motor Insurance’ from the menu and select ‘Buy Online.’
- Choose between a private and a commercial vehicle.
- Select ‘Renew existing policy with any insurer.’
- Enter the existing policy number and press the “Renew Now” button. On the online form, you will be able to view your policy details, renewal premium, and personal information. You should verify the displayed information and proceed to pay the renewal premium.
- Select the appropriate radio button if you are going to renew a motor insurance policy with a different insurance company. You should then enter your existing policy number and choose the type of insurance you want to renew. To proceed with the payment, you will need to update other policy details and accept the premium quote. The policy will be revived once the payment is received.
Note: Failure to renew your policy may result in its lapse/cancellation. Furthermore, in order to keep your insurance valid, you will need to purchase a new policy. If you exceed the policy renewal stipulation threshold, the company may levy a fine on your next premium.
Highlights of Cholamandalam Car Insurance
|01||Third Party Property Damage||Upto Rs. 7.5 Lakh|
|02||Self Damage Cover||Coverage for Self Car for Its Loss and Damage|
|03||Add-on Covers||Up to 5 Add-on Covers|
|04||Claim Assistance||24/7 Claim Assistance|
|05||Toll-Free Number||1800 208 5544|
|06||For customers outside India:||+91 44 6166 3400|
Frequently Asked Questions
How does insurance protect the vehicle?
Insurance protects against the emergence of unforeseeable events. Insurance products assist you not only in mitigating risks but also in offering a financial cushion against adverse financial burdens.
What are the important details that are mentioned in the insurance policy?
For insurance policy numbers, consult the Cholamandalam car insurance company through which you obtained the policy and provide your contact information such as phone number, email address, or other information such as Engine number and Chassis number.
What is a proposal form?
Insurance is a legally binding agreement between the insured and the insurer. The proposal form serves as the contract’s foundation, containing all of the necessary information for the creation of the policy, which is a valid contract.
Is it possible to pay my automobile insurance premium online?
Yes, you can make the payment online with a debit or credit card or through Net Banking.
How many garages are operated by Cholamandalam Insurance Company in India?
Cholamandalam Insurance Company operates over 2000 garages across India.
Explain the procedure to calculate Cholamandalam’s Car Insurance Premiums.
The premium for Cholamandalam car insurance is determined by several factors, including the vehicle’s type, IDV, make, model, cc, usage, place of registration, past claims history, and so on. For an exact premium, you can engage the underwriting office with automotive details or plainly choose a cholamandalam car insurance premium calculator.
What is the cause of the failure of the renewal of policy?
Failure to renew your policy may result in its lapse/cancellation. Furthermore, in order to keep your insurance valid, you will need to purchase a new policy. If you exceed the policy renewal stipulation threshold, the company may levy a fine on your next premium. Hence it is advised to go through the Cholamandalam insurance car insurance renewal process well in advance.
Why is it recommended to purchase add-ons to a basic Cholamandalam car insurance policy?
It is recommended that you purchase add-ons with your base policy because your base policy may not cover certain aspects of accidental damage. An add-on provides additional coverage by covering specific damages.
How is the package policy premium calculated?
The package policy premium is calculated as follows
Insured vehicle’s age Vehicle Declared Value Cubic Capacity of the four-wheeler
Registration area (city, village, etc.)
If the subscriber has selected additional covers
If the vehicle is powered by LPG/CNG,
If the subscriber has selected extra coverage for electronic parts
What customer care car insurance services are available?
According to Cholamandalam Insurance customer care and car insurance services are available
Look for cashless parking garages.
Make a claim.
Inquire about the status of your claim.
File a complaint
Please provide feedback on the service.
Make a complaint
Brief about The Cholamandalam Insurance Company Co. Ltd
Cholamandalam MS is a general insurance business founded by the Murugappa Group and Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company Limited of Japan. It offers a variety of insurance plans, including auto insurance, which protects you from financial liabilities resulting from accidents or catastrophes involving your vehicle. The Cholamandalam car insurance customer review also marks at the top of the online rating.
Explain the Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy.
A comprehensive car insurance policy in Cholamandalam car insurance is a comprehensive insurance policy that covers all damages. This includes both the policyholder’s own and third-party damage. This category of car insurance policy provides the policyholder with comprehensive coverage for all financial and legal liabilities.
What are the key benefits of Cholamandalam Car Insurance?
Key benefits of Cholamandalam Car Insurance are listed below
There is emergency assistance available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
A vast network of over 2,000 garages
Paperless system digital insurance process
Provides immediate policies for all insurance products.
Customers can get coverage in over 28 countries.
Cholamandalam insurance car insurance renewal online process is easy and hassle-free
The Cholamandalam car insurance policy status can be checked online.
List out the contact details for Cholamandalam insurance car insurance
The contact details for Cholamandalam insurance car insurance are given below
Cholamandalam car insurance customer care number:1800 300 30000/ 1800 103 3009
Toll-Free Number: 1800 208 5544
For customers outside India: +91 44 6166 3400
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also the emergency Cholamandalam car insurance contact number is mentioned on the policy.
What are the steps for Cholamandalam insurance online renewal for cars?
The steps for Cholamandalam insurance online renewal for cars are listed below
Contact the policy issuance office as soon as possible and notify Cholamandalam Insurance of the accident/theft/third-party claim. You can accomplish the same thing by going to the company’s official website.
Please sign in to your account. The company will request several details from you, including your policy number, the date and time of the theft/accident, the location of the car, the insured’s name and contact information, and so on.
You must submit a claim form along with relevant documentation such as photocopies (of your driving licence, policy, and RC), photos of your car, survey reports, damage estimates, final bill of repair, FIR report, No Trace Report, and so on.
Once this is completed, the surveyor/company executive will inspect the damages, have the repairs completed in Cholamandalam car insurance cashless garages, and issue the claim as soon as possible.
Is it possible to claim insurance online?
The Cholamandalam car insurance claim process is available online and offline. Hence it is possible to claim insurance online. Cholamandalam car insurance claim status can also be tracked based on the details given.
What are the things covered in Cholamandalam insurance third-party coverage?
Cholamandalam General Insurance’s third-party car insurance protects you against all types of third-party damages, including bodily injuries, temporary or permanent disability, death of a third party, and third-party property.