Shriram General Insurance Company Limited is a subsidiary of the Shriram Group, which was founded in 1974. The firm has striven to develop and develop products for everyone since its inception. The company has built a reputation as a reliable general insurance partner over the years. The organisation has a large network of offices, customers, and affiliated agents. Shriram General Insurance Company Limited provides a variety of general insurance products such as car insurance, two-wheeler insurance, home insurance, travel insurance, personal accident insurance, and so on. Shriram General Insurance’s car insurance policy is a comprehensive insurance package offered at a low premium.
- The Shriram Auto Insurance Policy is a comprehensive vehicle insurance policy that covers a wide range of motor vehicles, including cars, two-wheelers, and Shriram commercial car insurance.
- One of the most sought-after insurance policies for vehicles, it covers not only loss or damage due to a variety of causes, but also liability to any third party in the form of property damage or loss of life arising from an accident.
Shriram Insurance Company -Car Insurance Types
The Shriram Car Insurance Company provides three different types of auto insurance policies.
Types of Shriram Insurance Company Car Insurance are listed below
- Third-party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
- Standalone Car Insurance Policy
Shriram Car Insurance with Add-On Covers
In addition to the three insurance policies, Shriram Insurance Company provides several add-on covers to match specific policies purchased over them. Add-on coverage focuses on meeting specific policyholder needs that standard car insurance policies do not cover. It is up to the policyholder to choose which add-on they want for their vehicle.
Policyholders of Shriram motor insurance can add additional coverage to their detailed planning by paying an additional premium. Customers can purchase additional coverage for the following items as add-ons:
- Zero Depreciation cover: Although depreciation is excluded, if this add-on cover is purchased, complete coverage is provided without taking depreciation into account.
- Daily Compensation: Coverage for alternate transportation costs while the insured vehicle is being repaired.
- Return to Invoice: This add-on Personal Belonging covers the difference between the IDV and the car’s invoice. Coverage: If a car is stolen and there is a loss of jewellery, valuables, mobile phones, and so on, the loss will be covered.
- Reimbursement of Emergency Transport and Hotel Expenses: Coverage of transportation costs from the location of the accident to the location of emergency hotel accommodation.
- Key Replacement: The cost of obtaining new keys.
- NCB Protection Coverage: This coverage ensures that your No-Claim Bonus is protected even if you make claims.
- Multi-Car Rebate: If you own more than one car and insure them with Shriram General Insurance Company, you are eligible for premium rebates.
Damages- Covered and Not Covered
Every insurance policy has its own clauses and statements. Listed below is a table of damages and things that are covered and not covered in The Shriram Car Insurance
|Damages Covered||Damages that are Not Covered|
|Damages to the vehicle caused by external factors such as an accident, collision, etc.||Damages to the vehicle caused by driving without a valid driver’s licence|
|Natural disasters such as fire, explosion, self-ignition, earthquake, flood, typhoon, cyclone, and so on.||Mechanical or electrical breakdown/failure-related damages.|
|Man-made disasters such as theft, burglary, strike, malicious act, riots, and so on.||Damages to the vehicle caused by driving under the influence of liquor, alcohol, or drugs|
|Any harm done to third-party vehicles or people. Shriram General Car Insurance Policy will cover any legal liability or expenses resulting from third-party damage.||Damages caused by the vehicle’s normal wear and tear and any Subsequent Loss|
|Any damage to third-party property will be covered by the insurance company, which offers compensation of up to Rs 7.50 Lakhs.||Damages are incurred if the insured vehicle is used for activities such as racing, speed testing, and so on.|
|Damages incurred as a result of war, mutiny, or nuclear threat|
The Advantages of Shriram Insurance Company- Car Insurance
Policyholders of a Shriram Insurance Company car insurance policy will receive the following benefits:
- Depending on the customer’s preferences, insurance is available for purchase online or offline.
- Renewals of policies can also be done electronically with minimal paperwork.
- Enables clients to file claims with ease.
- Complaints are resolved as soon as possible.
- Claims are processed digitally.
- Liabilities, whether third-party or personal, are reimbursed quickly.
- A complex network of countywide repair garages is readily accessible for policyholders’ convenience.
- Customers can reach customer service via the company’s online portal and shriram car insurance toll-free number contact information 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Additional coverage can be purchased as add-ons. Policyholders can choose from over ten add-on covers according to their specific requirements.
How to Apply for the Shriram Car Insurance?
You can apply for Shriram Insurance Company car insurance online or in person. What method of purchase you choose is determined by your convenience and preferences.
The steps and procedure for applying for Shriram car insurance online and offline are tabulated below
|Step 1||Go to the official Shriram Insurance website.||Visit the nearest Shriram Insurance Company branch.|
|Step 2||Choose ‘car insurance.’||Inquire about automobile insurance and meet with a customer service representative in the office.|
|Step 3||Select the ‘Buy Online’ tab and click ok to continue.||Get the car insurance application form from the customer service representative.|
|Step 4||Click ‘Ok’ to continue.||Fill in the blanks in the condition with absolute precision.|
|Step 5||Choose whether you want insurance for a private or commercial vehicle.||Submit the form and gather the list of documents needed for the insurance policy submission.|
|Step 6||Proceed by selecting ‘Buy insurance for a new vehicle’.||Please submit the documents.|
|Step 7||Fill out all of the fields with accurate information about your vehicle and submit.||Select the type of policy you want and the quote provided by the company.|
|Step 8||Fill out your personal information and submit.||Make your payments in cash, check, or DD.|
|Step 9||You must select one of the company’s quotes.||Collect policy documents in person or deliver them to your authorised postal address.|
|Step 10||Make online payments using a credit/debit card, net banking, or other methods.|
|Step 11||Collect the policy information on your registered email address.|
On receiving the policy on the registered email address one gets the option of Shriram car insurance policy download. This helps to download the policy-related documents.
How to Claim the Insurance?
If your car insurance-covered vehicle is involved in an accident, you can file a claim online at Shriram Insurance Company’s official website. One can know the procedure for how to claim car insurance from Shriram by reading the steps outlined below
- Contact the policy issuance office as soon as possible and notify Shriram Insurance of the accident/theft/third-party claim. You can accomplish the same thing by going to the company’s official website.
- Please sign in to your account. The company will request several details from you, including your policy number, the date and time of the theft/accident, the location of the car, the insured’s name and contact information, and so on.
- You must submit a claim form along with relevant documentation such as photocopies (of your driving licence, policy, and RC), photos of your car, survey reports, damage estimates, final bill of repair, FIR report, No Trace Report, and so on.
- Once this is completed, the surveyor/company executive will inspect the damages, have the repairs completed in Shriram’s cashless garage, and issue the claim as soon as possible.
|Steps||Name of the Step/ Process||Explanation of the step/process|
|1||INTIMATION||As soon as you are involved in an accident or collision, or your vehicle sustains any of the damages covered by your insurance provider, you must notify the insurer. The insurer is required to receive information about the damage within a certain time frame. If the time limit expires, the insurer may reject your claim. Informing the insurance provider on time allows you and the insurer to begin the formalities in the proper manner.|
|2||FORM FILLING AND DOCUMENTATION||You must consult the insurer and obtain a claims form. After submitting the form with your personal data and policy information, you will be given a list of documents that must be submitted with your claim request. To get your claim settled, you must submit all of the documents required by the insurance provider. It is recommended that you prepare all of your documents ahead of time so that the claim settlement process can be finished quickly and you can receive your compensation.|
|3||INSPECTION||The next step would be to have your damaged car inspected by the insurance company’s representatives. The New India Assurance company will dispatch a couple of inspectors to investigate the accident and verify your claims. Your claim will be rejected if the inspectors discover any discrepancies between your claim and the actual damage.|
|4||REPAIR||After your claims are verified, the wrecked car will be taken to a garage for repairs. New India Assurance has a large network of repair garages throughout the country. The insurance company will be responsible for the repairs. In the case of cashless claims, the insurance company will pay for the repair costs.|
|5||COMPENSATION||Finally, the insurance provider will reimburse you for all expenses incurred in repairing your vehicle. The remuneration will also cover the costs incurred as a result of the policyholder’s legal liabilities. In the case of cashless claims, all expenses are guided toward the insurer, and the policyholder is not required to pay anything in cash.|
One will understand how to claim Shriram car insurance based on the situation that is occurred.
How Can You Renew Your Expired Car Insurance Policy Online?
Car insurance must be renewed within the time frame specified by the policy. Depending on the vehicle, the Shriram car insurance policy has a validity period of one to three years.
Follow the steps below for Shriram car insurance renewal:
- Navigate to the Shriram Insurance Company website.
- On the home page, select ‘Motor Insurance’ from the menu and select ‘Buy Online.’
- Choose between a private and a commercial vehicle.
- Select ‘Renew existing policy with any insurer.’
- Enter the existing policy number and press the “Renew Now” button. On the online form, you will be able to view your policy details, renewal premium, and personal information. You should verify the displayed information and proceed to pay the renewal premium.
- Select the appropriate radio button if you are going to renew a motor insurance policy with a different insurance company. You should then enter your existing policy number and choose the type of insurance you want to renew. To proceed with the payment, you will need to update other policy details and accept the premium quote. The policy will be revived once the payment is received.
Note: Failure to renew your policy may result in its lapse/cancellation. Furthermore, in order to keep your insurance valid, you will need to purchase a new policy. If you exceed the policy renewal stipulation threshold, the company may levy a fine on your next premium.
Highlights of Shriram Car Insurance
|01||Third Party Property Damage||Upto Rs. 7.5 Lakh|
|02||Self Damage Cover||Coverage for Self Car for Its Loss and Damage|
|03||Add-on Covers||Up to 5 Add-on Covers|
|04||Claim Assistance||24/7 Claim Assistance|
|05||Toll-Free Number||1800 300 30000/ 1800 103 3009|
Frequently Asked Questions
How does insurance help?
Insurance protects against the emergence of unforeseeable events. Insurance products assist you not only in mitigating risks but also in offering a financial cushion against adverse financial burdens.
What are the important details that are mentioned in the insurance policy?
For insurance policy numbers, consult the Shriram car insurance company through which you obtained the policy and provide your contact information such as phone number, email address, or other information such as Engine number and Chassis number.
Why is proposal form important during insurance?
Insurance is a legally binding agreement between the insured and the insurer. The proposal form serves as the contract’s foundation, containing all of the necessary information for the creation of the policy, which is a valid contract.
Is it possible to pay my automobile insurance premium online?
Yes, you can make the payment online with a debit or credit card or through Net Banking.
How many garages are operated by Shriram Insurance Company in India?
Shriram Insurance Company operates over 2000 garages across India.
How Do You Calculate Shriram’s Car Insurance Premiums?
The premium for Shriram car insurance is determined by several factors, including the vehicle’s type, IDV, make, model, cc, usage, place of registration, past claims history, and so on. For an exact premium, you can engage the underwriting office with automotive details or plainly choose a car insurance premium calculator Shriram insurance.
What happens when one is unable to renew car insurance?
Failure to renew your policy may result in its lapse/cancellation. Furthermore, in order to keep your insurance valid, you will need to purchase a new policy. If you exceed the policy renewal stipulation threshold, the company may levy a fine on your next premium. Hence it is advised to go through the Shriram insurance car insurance renewal process well in advance.
Is it essential to purchase add-ons to a basic Shriram car insurance policy?
It is recommended that you purchase add-ons with your base policy because your base policy may not cover certain aspects of accidental damage. An add-on provides additional coverage by covering specific damages.
How is the package policy premium calculated?
The package policy premium is calculated as follows
Insured vehicle’s age Vehicle Declared Value Cubic Capacity of the four-wheeler
Registration area (city, village, etc.)
If the subscriber has selected additional covers
If the vehicle is powered by LPG/CNG,
If the subscriber has selected extra coverage for electronic parts
What customer care car insurance services are available?
According to Shriram Insurance customer care car insurance services are available
Look for cashless parking garages.
Make a claim.
Inquire about the status of your claim.
File a complaint
Please provide feedback on the service.
Make a complaint
Brief about The Shriram Insurance Company Co. Ltd
Shriram General Insurance Company Limited is a subsidiary of the Shriram Group, which was founded in 1974. The firm has striven to develop and develop products for everyone since its inception. The company has built a reputation as a reliable general insurance partner over the years.
What is a Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
A comprehensive car insurance policy in Shriram car insurance is a comprehensive insurance policy that covers all damages. This includes both the policyholder’s own and third-party damage. This category of car insurance policy provides the policyholder with comprehensive coverage for all financial and legal liabilities.
What are the key benefits of Shriram Car Insurance?
Key benefits of Shriram Car Insurance are listed below
There is emergency assistance available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
A vast network of over 2,000 garages
Paperless system digital insurance process
Provides immediate policies for all insurance products.
Customers can get coverage in over 28 countries.
Shriram insurance car insurance renewal online process is easy and hassle-free
List out the contact details for Shriram insurance car insurance
The contact details for Shriram insurance car insurance are given below
Shriram car insurance customer care number:1800 300 30000/ 1800 103 3009
Also the emergency Shriram car insurance contact number is mentioned on the policy.
What are the steps for Shriram insurance online renewal for cars?
The steps for Shriram insurance online renewal for cars are listed below
Contact the policy issuance office as soon as possible and notify Shriram Insurance of the accident/theft/third-party claim. You can accomplish the same thing by going to the company’s official website.
Please sign in to your account. The company will request several details from you, including your policy number, the date and time of the theft/accident, the location of the car, the insured’s name and contact information, and so on.
You must submit a claim form along with relevant documentation such as photocopies (of your driving licence, policy, and RC), photos of your car, survey reports, damage estimates, final bill of repair, FIR report, No Trace Report, and so on.
Once this is completed, the surveyor/company executive will inspect the damages, have the repairs completed in Shriram car insurance cashless garages, and issue the claim as soon as possible.
Is it possible to claim insurance online?
The Shriram car insurance claim process is available online and offline. Hence it is possible to claim insurance online.
What are the things covered in Shriram insurance third-party coverage?
Shriram General Insurance’s third-party car insurance protects you against all types of third-party damages, including bodily injuries, temporary or permanent disability, death of a third party, and third-party property.