I come across many girls who complain of having short nails and say that they wish they could paint their nails creatively someday. Well to some extent I agree too, that stunted nails are pretty difficult to design; you can’t execute a complex design as efficiently as you might like and finding proper tools to fit the selected design on their nails is a totally another task.
Since my mom has stunted nails, I occasionally scrounge for nail designs suitable for short nails but elegant enough to not look “packed-up”. To check for the color combinations I had painted this subtle yet ferocious leopard print on my nail art wheel. While I was manicuring my mom she suggested me to do that design on her nails. Initially I was apprehensive about its look, but after it was complete, I must say that it looked so good on her nails.
- Apply a layer of base coat.
- Apply two coats of pastel yellow polish.
- Using the blunt end of a toothpick, draw random circular shapes with orange polish and let them dry.
- Using the pointed end of a toothpick and black polish outline the orange circles (not to perfection!) and also dot in some random black dots.
- Apply a layer of topcoat.
You are done!!